Celebrate the holiday season with this ultimate Yuletide burger recipe. Seasonal produce like Brussels sprouts and cranberry sauce turn a summer classic into a holiday-time tradition.
Here’s what you need:
For the Slaw
- 6 Brussels Sprouts, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1½ Cups Fresh Cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons Apricot Pineapple Preserves
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1½ Pounds Grassfed Organic Ground Beef
- 4 Costanzo’s 100% Whole Wheat Small Sandwich Rolls
- 4 Ounces Chèvre Cheese
Here’s what you do:
- Mix all the slaw ingredients together, cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to build your burger.
- Mix everything in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat until the cranberries burst, about 7 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium, continue to stir with a wooden spoon, bursting the cranberries that haven’t naturally done so already, and cook for about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Pre-heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Also, start the broiler.
- Form ground beef into four patties, and make an indent with your finger in the center of the patty to avoid burger bulge.
- Season the burgers with salt and pepper; to your liking. Spray the pan with olive oil, place the burgers in the pan, and sear on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes.
- While the burgers are cooking, toast the Costanzo’s rolls under the broiler for 1-2 minutes.
- Build your burger, placing first the patty on the roll, then the cranberry sauce, chèvre, then slaw. Complete with top half of the roll.
Recipe courtesy of thedevilwearsparsley.com.