Nothing is better than making fresh sandwiches with in-season veggies. Making this recipe on a cold, blustery day while the leaves fall from the trees out your window just seems too picturesque not to try.
Here’s what you need:
1½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
4 cups cauliflower rice
⅓ cup sesame seeds
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 large egg
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons hot sauce
2 avocados, peeled and pitted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ cup thinly sliced green onions
4 lettuce leaves
4 Costanzo’s Small Whole Wheat Sandwich rolls, halved
Here’s what you do:
1. Place the sweet potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until very tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, puree the sweet potatoes, cauliflower, sesame seeds, garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper until smooth. Add the egg and pulse to combine. Add the flour and bread crumbs and pulse just until it’s evenly incorporated.
3. Divide the mixture into four even pieces and pat into round patties.
4. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat and then add the patties to the pan. Cook, flipping once, until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and hot sauce. In a separate small bowl, mash the avocado with the lemon juice.
6. To build a burger, spread the spicy mayonnaise on the bottom half of the Costanzo’s roll. Top with a lettuce leaf, a burger patty, avocado mixture, green onions and the top half of the roll. Repeat to make three more burgers.
This recipe courtesy of purewow.com