By July 11, 2013
- Yield: 1 Sandwich (1 Servings)
- 1 roll Costanzo's Rustic Sub Roll
- Pickled Giradiiera
- Green and Black Olives pitted
- Deli Meats thinly sliced Salami, Bologna, Ham and Mortadella
- Provolone Cheese sliced
- Swiss Cheese sliced
- Using the food processor, coarsely chop Giardiniera together with a handful of the olives to make a chunky spread. Do ahead of time and store in cooler.
Assemble the sandwich: layer on thinly sliced deli meats and cheese on Costanzo's Rustic Sub Roll. Top with some of the olive mixture. Cut in half and serve.
Note: This is great as a hot sandwich in the Panini grill as well.
The giardiniere adds depth of flavor with the spicy pickled vegetables. Combined with the salty olive it stands out as different twist on muffalleta.